July 27, 2013

Old projects getting finished - Jubiiii!

Years ago (6 to be exactly...) I started a project late one night. I wanted to make a baby dragon hand puppet. I cut out all the parts from the pattern in this book:

You can see him on the front, the red and green dragon, and he is called Georg in the book! 
Well it went as it oftem does for me, I gave up half finished...


I think I had problems understanding the process, and so the unfinished puppet was being stucked far down a cabinet in my studio. Tonight I found it accidentally, and know what? I finished the puppet! Jubiiiiiii! I must have gotten smarter during these last 6 years, because I had absolutely no problem understanding what to do! Here he is: 



Don´t you just love the feeling, when you suddenly figure an old problem out? I learnt a new word yesterday: Eureka. Let´s check wikipedia: 

"The exclamation 'Eureka!' is famously attributed to the ancient Greek scholar Archimedes. He reportedly proclaimed "Eureka!" when he stepped into a bath and noticed that the water level rose—he suddenly understood that the volume of water displaced must be equal to the volume of the part of his body he had submerged". 

So I have an Eureka! feeling! It feels so good to finally finish the project. I have soo many of those lying around.

Do you always finish your projects? 



No comments:

Post a Comment