March 15, 2013

The birth of a doll



Boxy George // Kasse-Madsen from Teater Refleksion on Vimeo.

I am a big fan of the danish puppet theatre "Teater Refleksion". My puppet was made with inspiration from this caracter, Boxy Georg.


You can´t really see it yet, but my doll will be soooo cute! And it can allmost walk, just like Boxy Georg. Please look at the Vimeo.
I was fortunate enough to participate in a 3 weekends long workshop at the theatre in Aarhus. Look at this cute photo:


I couldn´t help myself, and just played along with the puppet, and took some photos of them together. It was a little special thing for me, to let my doll play with the theatres puppet. Being such a fan of there dolls, and never quite understand, how they animate them so beautyfully, and then be lucky enough to try to move Boxy Georg, feel him, talk to him, and let him teach some of his tricks to my little puppet. It was truely magical :-)

Later, I will share some of the photos from the whole workshop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment