January 10, 2021

"The Creative Guardian" paperdoll

 I am taking a  year long healing doll class with Barb Kobe again this year. You can read more about this here

At the beginning at this long healing proces, we are invited to make 3 paper dolls: 

  • The Creative Guardian, 
  • The Original Inner Creative 
  • The Inner Critic

I used Barb´s pattern for this paper doll, and spent a whole afternoon searching for a photo of myself that looked kind and supporting. My printer is almost dead, so the quality of the print was poor. Somehow it printed my face in blue all the time, so I I took a sheet of watercolorpaper and splashed a lot of acrylic ink on it: blue, green and purple colors. 

The paper doll look´s allright, but I struggle with the face. (Inner critic is jumping up and down). It is over decorated. I mean, I can print a new face and glue it on top, but for now I´ll just keep the first one. 

It is a new face. Much more color. And it looks brave. 

Very interesting....

The text is a page from Louise Hay´s calendar: One positive affirmation a day. I kept them, and use them for different purposes, like this. 

The background is just a acrylic painting on a piece of paper that I´m working on. 

You can purchase the Barb Kobe Inner Selfie ebook at this link: Inner Selfie





No comments:

Post a Comment