August 02, 2012

It has been such a wonderful summer so far!

My commission sign painted by the very talented Carolee Clark!

This summer has been great! It is quite funny to say so, because my life isn´t great at all right now. My mother is very terminal sick with cancer, and I am on a leave from my job to take care of her. Still, so many wonderfull things have happened this summer, and it makes me think, that we must remember and cherish the happy moments we have, when we have them. 

Here´s a list of wonderful things I have experienced this summer so far:

  • I got married to my life-mate and partner in crime! I like being married! After ten years of engagement, we finally did it. He is such a wonderful man, and now my husband, and it just feel´s good and right. 



  • I got to see Loreena MacKennitt in concert in Berlin too! That was one of my biggest wishes, and the experience was totally magical! I can´t show you a picture of the concert, because it is not allowed to take pictures during the show, but I can show you a little video I shot during the sound checks: 



  • I got to take my youngest daughter Selina on a trip to Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark. We had 5 days of hanging out, eating out, shopping and visiting art exebitions and museums. She is leaving for bording school in a a couple of weeks, so this was a trip to make up for all the time we will miss in the year to come. 



  • I participated on a 3-weekend long puppetry workshop at the wonderful danish puppet theatre "Teater Refleksion" and was taught to make a wooden puppet. Another of my biggest wishes. 


Not quite finished yet, but you get the picture. 

  • I have been a bif fan of Carolee Clark´s artwork for some time. I just love her wonderful Halloween style with witches and lovely calligraphy. Normally I couldn´t afford any of her works, especially because of  the expensive international shipping, but some time ago, I got a little extra money, and I asked her if she would show me the kindness and paint me a commission sign. Fortunatly, she accepted! We agreed on the tavern style sign, and I told her what I wanted to be painted on it: myself and my husband as a witch and a wizard, and my two daughters. I also wanted my two naughty rascal cats Arthur and Merlin in the front. The sign turned out marvelous! She even made the cats look right!! I am so thrilled! The sign is on it´s way, and I cannot wait to see it hanging there in my hall! 
  • I got to be a member of the the "Bards, Ovats and Druids! Every month they send me study material, and I am very excited about it! It is something I have been wanting to explore for a very long time. 


Could you blame me for being so happy? 

Did you ever experience wonders, at the most difficult times in your life? 

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy you like the sign, and so appreciate your kind words about my work!

    Congratulations on your marriage! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together!

    ♥ Carolee

    ReplyDelete