April 27, 2012

Red is grounding me

Who wants to read a blog about socks?? Well, I really don´t care, because I finished my socks, and I really need to share that! It is such a great accomplishment for me! There are so much divine art in this world, and every artist struggle to achieve there very best of their abiliy, but not very many struggle as much as I, when I am knitting :-) I totally love to START a knitting project. I love choosing pattern (I cannot read a pattern), choosing the yarn and the color ( I always buy too much) and I love to START the project. Around 1/3 part done, I loose interest. I start making mistakes, and can´t manage the idea of keep on knitting. I get so unpatient and normally throw the whole thing away. I have about 3-4 different socks knittet without a second sock. I can´t remember how I knittet hem :-( This is really one of the darker sides of my creative personality. My impatience and impulsivity. As a creative and spiritual practice, I am trying to finish all my projects. I try to finish paintings and art dolls. It is not that fun actually! Old habits are difficult to change, but I am doing my best, and here is the result (DRUMS):

This pair of beautyfull socks are knittet to my beloved. We are getting married in a couple of weeks, and I once read that in the old days, woman knittet socks to their fiancee. Arn´t they cool? 

I love red. I never wear much color. I prefer black, white, grey and so on, but once and a while I crave for color! I paint or knit something in bright colors, and watch a youtube with Kaffe Fasset:


I could never be like him, but I envy him still. He is such an creative and happy person :-)

I do believe that there is a spirituality in colors, and there is something very special about knitting red socks. It makes me feel grounded and "here". Being a very "thinking" person, painting and knitting brings me back to the present moment. It brings me back from too much thinking and intelectually trying to figure things out. Red socks is like Baba Yaga in the fairytale. She brings you home :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment